Department of Chemistry, Universitas Indonesia carries out state-of-the-art research in various major chemical academic areas and is organized around five divisions:
- Division of Inorganic Chemistry
- Division of Analytical Chemistry
- Division of Physical Chemistry
- Division of Organic Chemistry
- Division of Biochemistry.
To promote industrial and technological in chemical research and development, the department is working collaboratively with many industrial partners both in public and private sectors such as PERTAMINA, Dow Chemicals and BASF. The chemistry department has also conducted internal and external collaborations in research and academic developments with other departments within UI or with both local and foreign Universities such as Leiden University, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, University of Strasbourg, University of Kansas, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Kyoto University, Tokyo Institute of Technology and National University of Singapore (NUS).
Department of chemistry, Universitas Indonesia is committed to become the center of excellence in education and research in chemistry, which contributes to the development of science and technology both in national and regional level.
- To produce chemistry graduates whom able to compete at both national and international levels with the ability to adapt to changes and development of science and technology.
- To establish a strong institution and be able to play a key role in the advancement of chemistry and its applications.
- To develop the center of information in the field of chemistry which can contribute to solve social problems.
Performing a high quality education and training program and gradually advances to a superior position at the national and regional levels.
Producing graduates with competencies in chemistry and its applications at the national and regional levels.
Producing high quality research outputs in the field of chemistry and its applications.