Iman Abdullah obtained bachelor and master degree in Chemistry from Universitas Indonesia in 2007 and 2010, respectively. After graduation of his master course, he joined the Department of Chemistry FMIPA-UI as a lecturer. Then from October 2014 to September 2017, he joined the Laboratory of Fine Synthetic Chemistry, Hokkaido University as a PhD student under supervision of Prof. Yoshihiro Sato. Currently, he is working with nickel-based catalysts supported on various materials (mesoporous carbon, periodic mesoporous organosilica, etc) for CO2 utilization and other chemical transformations.
- Abdullah, I.*; Andriyanti, R.; Nurani, D. A.; Krisnandi, Y. K. (2021). Nickel-phenanthroline Complex Supported on Mesoporous Carbon as A Catalyst for Carboxylation under CO2 Atmosphere. Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 16 (1), 111-119.
- Amalia, P. N.; Abdullah, I.*; Rahayu, D. U. C.; Krisnandi, Y. K. (2021). Synthesis and Characterization of Copper Impregnated Mesoporous Carbon as Heterogeneous Catalyst for Phenylacetylene Carboxylation with Carbon Dioxide. Indonesian Journal of Chemistry, 21 (1), 77-87.
- Khikmah, A. M.; Krisnandi, Y. K.; Abdullah, I*. (2020). Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles supported on highly ordered Biphenylene-Bridged Periodic Mesoporous Organosilica. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 959(1), 012015.
- Amelia, I.; Krisnandi Y. K.; Abdullah, I*. (2020). Synthesis and characterization of soft and hard templated mesoporous carbon using phloroglucinol as carbon precursor. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 902, 012023.
- Doi, R.; Okano, T.; Abdullah, I.; Sato, Y. (2019). Nickel-catalyzed β-carboxylation of ynamides with carbon dioxide. Synlett, 30 (9), 1048–1052.
- Pamungkas, A. Z.; Abdullah, I.; Krisnandi, Y. K. (2019). Synthesis and characterization of Ni nanoparticles supported on nitrogen-doped mesoporous carbon. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 496, 012003.
- Doi, R.; Abdullah, I.; Taniguchi, T.; Saito, N.; Sato, Y. (2017). Nickel-catalyzed hydrocarboxylation of ynamides with CO2 and H2O: observation of unexpected regioselectivity. Chemical communications, 53 (55), 7720-7723.
- Saito, N.; Abdullah, I.; Hayashi, K.; Hamada, K.; Koyama, M.; Sato, Y. (2016). Enantioselective synthesis of β-amino acid derivatives via nickel-promoted regioselective carboxylation of ynamides and rhodium-catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 14, 10080-10089
- Krisnandi, Y.K.; Putra, B.A.P.; Bahtiar, M.; Abdullah, I.; Howe, R.F. (2015). Partial oxidation of methane to methanol over heterogeneous catalyst Co/ZSM-5. Procedia Chemistry, 14, 508-515.
- Abdullah, I.; Samadi, W.; Widyana, A.; Pandapotan, D.C.; Bakri, R. (2014). Synthesis of porous silica by co-micelle emulsion templating technique using PEG/acrylamide and 2–(acryloyloxy)–N, N, N–trimethylethanaminium chloride/acrylamide as templates. Journal of Metals, Materials and Minerals, 24, 23-28.